Thursday, November 27, 2008

Different Perception

A father who is dying gave 2 advices to his 2 sons:
1. Never ask money back from people that owe you.
2. If you go to shop, never let sun shine on your face.

Time passes and few years later after the father died, the eldest son become richer but the youngest son become poorer.One day the mother asked what happened to both of them.

The youngest answered:"This is because I follow what Dad told me. Dad said that I can't ask people to return back my money if they owe me.And because of that my asset keep decreasing because people never pay me what they owe me."
"Dad also said that if I went out or come back to work, I should not see the sun. And because of that, I have to take vehicle to work even tough I can walk, and that made my expenses keep increasing."

When the mother asked the eldest son, he answered:"All these because I kept father's advice. Because dad said not to ask money from people who owe me, I never owe people money and because of that my asset never decrease."
"Dad also said not to see the sun when I go and come back to work, and because of that I open my shop earlier than other shops and close only when other shops close. And that habit cause people recognise my shop and my business is good because of the long opening hour."

Morale of the Story:
The story above shows how a sentence can be interpreted with different perception.If we look at it with a positive attitude, every difficulty can be a journey that lead us to a success but we can also be swept away with the difficulties because of our routine.


"Do ordinary thing with an extraordinary attitude"

No comments: